Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 323, November 29

At our monthly dinner club last week, the hostess played the piano while the rest of us sang (or, in my case, tried to sing).  Our hostess is an accomplished musician who plays with not only great skill but with great love.  The hymns she played were solace to the soul and balm to the heart.

As she accepted our compliments graciously, I was impressed by how much music adds to our lives.  Even for someone like me, who can't carry a tune in a casserole dish (the actual saying is "can't carry a tune in a bucket," but I liked to add my own Mormon spin to it), music touches my heart in ways that other things cannot.

Music and other arts enrich our lives.  Our families, our churches, our society, our world, would be poor indeed without their beauty.

Joy for today:  being uplifted by music.




No comments:

Post a Comment