Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 311, December 20

"Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar His face is to us."--Ezra Taft Benson, Prophet

I hope this is true for me.  I hope it is true for all of us.  Will I recognize His face?  Will it, indeed, be familiar to me?  There are times when I think I might.  Then there are other times, those times when I'm being selfish, greedy, short-sighted, narrow-minded, and other nasties, that I am sure I will never know the Father nor find His face familiar.

The solution to this is easy:  all I have to do is not be selfish, greedy, short-sighted, narrow-minded, and other assorted nasties.  All I have to do is want to be like Him.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I do want to be like the Father.

1 comment:

  1. This does sound like a startling thought. I better get my act together.

    ReplyDelete