Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 322, December 31

It is the day of New Year's Eve.  Some of us feel compelled to set goals.  I used to be that way.  Anymore, I     try to order my life by priorities.  Though they (goals and priorities) have similarities, I see a difference between them.

Goals, the good ones anyway, have a deadline, a method of measuring one's success in achieving them, specific steps.  Priorities provide a way of looking at life through the lens of perspective.  That's what I'm hoping to achieve.

I'm guessing your priorities are much the same as mine:  faith, family, friends, and purpose.  If I give my days to strengthening one or more of these, then I feel I am on the right path.

For the new year, I'm going to shift focus a bit in this blog with a theme of "Joy in the Journey," which I borrowed from our Relief Society.  Gratitude will still find its way into the blog because I believe that joy and gratitude are symbiotic.

I invite you to join me as we take a journey into joy.

So, for today, I am grateful for the journey into a New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy! What a wonderful idea to celebrate it in next year's blog. I know 2014 will be another year filled with insightful posts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete