Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1, January 1

I had a deja vu sensation when I typed "Day 1, January 1."  It took me back to three years ago when I started this project.   The last three years have been a  journey of sorts.  And that's what we're going to talk about this year:  a journey, specifically, "Joy in the Journey."

You'll find that the subject matter hasn't changed much.  For, as I wrote previously, joy and gratitude are often symbiotic.  I have joy in my family, in my friends, in my faith, and in whatever purpose I am currently pursuing.

I could not help but reflect on the difference between joy and happiness a week ago as Larry and I spent Christmas morning with our daughter's family and watched as her children (and we older children) opened mounds of presents.  There was happiness, certainly.  But happiness doesn't not always equal joy.  The joy came when we saw the pleasure in our grandchidlren's eyes as they opened a particuarly longed-for gift.

I hope you'll join me this year as we explore the sources of joy.  I invite you to chime in with what brings you joy ... and what doesn't.

Joy for the day:  the start of a new journey.


1 comment:

  1. Continued success to you in this blog as you embark on year 4.

    ReplyDelete