Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 30, January 30

Yesterday I wrote about complaining, mean-spirited people.  I am loathe to admit that, at times, I have been that person.  I have been the person other people want to avoid at all costs.  I have been the person who tears down rather than uplifts.

It sucks.

When I find myself falling into that pattern of negativity, I go through the various stages of grief:  denial, anger, bargaining, and, finally, acceptance.  When I accept that I'm a pain in the patookie (is that how you spell it?), I resolve to do better.

I push myself up and try to find something good to comment on and someone nice to compliment.  You know what?  It isn't that hard.  It isn't hard at all, in fact, to find the beauty rather than the ugliness, the flowers rather than the weeds.

Joy for today:  finding beauty, finding flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment