Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10, January 10

Are you scratching your head over the foolishness of yesterday's post?  I can see you now, wondering if you should continue reading the ramblings of a woman who rhapodises over a hot pink bra.

If you feel that I was irreverent, you're right.  I am irreverent sometimes.  I am irreverent over the silly things in life because I need laughter in my life, just as I need the sunshine.  Life presents us with enough problems and heartaches that sometimes we must deliberately search out causes for smiles and laughter.

President Gordon B. Hinckley, 15th Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, found joy in the journey with an irrepressible sense of humor.  Gently, he poked fun at himself and the absurdities of life while never forgetting his charge to lead the Church with righteousness.  

Joy for the day:  laughter over the absurdities of life.

2 comments:

  1. What fun would life be if we were always so serious and had no room for laughter, even laughter about the absurd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've begun a Gratitude Project 2014, and would love for you to follow along. I've added myself as a follower here.

    http://holidays-at-the-harris-home.blogspot.com/p/gratitude-project-2014.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete