Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 355, December 31--New Year's Eve Day


Dear friends,

We're here.  The end of the year.  We made it.  Well, in my case, sort of.

For a while, at least, this will be my last posting.

To those who followed "Joy in the Journey" this year, thank you.  And for those who have followed the full four years of "The Gratitude Project," thank you and congratulations.  You stuck in there as I muddled my way through the intricacies of blogging and struggled to find my voice.

A writer's voice is unique to him/her.  But we are not always aware of what it is until we start writing.  I've decided my voice is what I am, a Mormon woman, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a friend.  It is not a "fancy" voice, just as I am not fancy.  It's a plain, down-to-earth voice honed by strengths and weaknesses, joy and pain, faith and fraility.  For better or worse, it's my voice.

Joy for today:  finding my voice.. and finding joy in the journey.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting all of this time. I am proud of you for sticking in there and writing your thoughts and feelings and for sharing those thoughts all of this time. I have enjoyed the posts. They have given me much "food for thought' and inspiration in my life. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us! You are wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that this will be your last post, because the Gratitude Project has been a bright spot in my days for the past four years. Thank you, Jane, for all you've shared with us. I'm grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so dedicated to this blog for the last 4 years. I'm proud of your accomplishment. I'm sure many readers will be sad to see this come to an end, including me.

    ReplyDelete