Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 111, April 21


"A passionate interest in what you do is the secret of enjoying life, perhaps the secret of a long life, whether it is helping old people or children or making cheese or growth earthworms."--Julia Child

I've noticed that those times when I'm feeling down frequently coincide with those times when I am uninterested in life.  I'm wrapped up in myself with very little to think about except my own inadequacies and failures.

By contrast, those times when I'm feeling upbeat and alive coincide with those times when I am passionate about something.  It doesn't matter much what I'm passionate about, only that I'm involved, whether in writing a book or helping a friend pull weeds.

Joy for today:  being wrapped up in something beside myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment