Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 201, July 30

In my reading, I came across the following quote by Wayne Brickey:

"Oddly enough, our vision sometimes improves when our conditions worsen, creating an occasional windowpane or window of pain, in the veil.  A paralyzing problem can bring the stillness that causes us to pause, and, for a change, reverently look at the whole scene, which is the smallest scene we can trust."

Of course the writer in me loves the play on words of "windowpane" and "window of pain."  I have been in my own window of pain, trying to find my way past the grief that grips my heart and soul.  I admit it--I'm not doing very well.  But as I struggle, I gain brief glimpses of the "whole scene, which is the smallest scene we can trust."  And maybe, just maybe, I'll find the path beyond grief and into joy.

Joy for today:  looking at the whole scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment