Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 55, February 24

Several Sundays ago, Larry and I were on our way to church shortly before 9 a.m.  The sky was overcast, with a light snow falling continually.  I lamented to my husband about the lack of sunlight, and I looked about for some bit of beauty.

As though God heard my thoughts, a cotton tail rabbit appeared, bounding across the street.  His enthusiasm and exuberance immediately lifted my spirits. Perhaps I am attributing qualities to this rabbit that he did not really possess, but to my beauty-starved eyes, he was an answer to my unspoken prayer.

God, in His infinite wisdom, created a world filled with unexpected glimpses of beauty.  Our town of Loveland, Colorado is especially blessed as we come upon everything from a cotton tail rabbit to small herds of elk and, occasionally, a magnificent eagle.  And I am reminded of His love for all of His creatures.

Joy for today:  smiling over the antics of a cotton tail.

2 comments:

  1. We see bunnies everywhere in our neighborhood with their cute little cotton tails. They do move rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Pooh says, it's hard to be uncheered by a balloon or, I may add, by a bunny.

    ReplyDelete