Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 275, October 12


A friend sent the following to me:

Powerful Prayers for Troubled Times by Stormie Omartian.

Columbus wrote in a book called Book of Prophecies that he could not have reached the shores of America without prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In his own words he stated, "It was the Lord who put it into my mind ... I could feel His hand upon me ... the fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies ... All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me ... There is no doubt that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit... No one should fear to undertake a task in the name of our Savior if it is just and the intention is purely for His service."

Isn't that inspiring?  To know that the Lord Himself compelled Columbus to search out America, a promised and blessed land?  

Joy for today:  recognizing the Lord's hand ... in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment