Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 278, October 15

"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know:  the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve."  Albert Schweitzer

I have regretted many things in my life, most of them being missed opportunities, especially those to show love.  I've recounted before how I berated myself for not taking the time to visit a lady in our ward.  When she died unexpectedly, I grieved, not just at her passing, but that I hadn't made the time to go see her.  A missed opportunity, to serve and to love.

I suspect that most of us have had the experience of having an impulse to do something for someone else and then life got in the way.  Sometimes, we can make that up, and sometimes, like in the above, the chance to fulfill that impulse is gone forever.

Joy for today:  finding opportunities to serve and to love.




No comments:

Post a Comment