Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 203, July 20

Today is my sister Carla's birthday.

Carla and I have always been closer than sisters.  We are each other's best friends.  We are there for each other, facing together whatever life throws at us.  And it has thrown us some doozies over the years.

There was the death of Carla and Rolf's infant daughter from crib death, and, much later, the death of her beloved Rolf.  I was there for her, as she is there for me in disappointments, health challenges, and everything else.

That's what sisters do.  More, that's what best friends do.

Our friends and family will tell you that Carla is the nicer, sweeter sister.  What can I say--it's true.  I tend to be a bit feisty, well, really more than a bit upon occasion.  She centers me and I do my best to off-center her.  What else can a loving sister do?

So, for today, I am grateful for Carla.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all have each other. I'm thinking that Rob should have been a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete