Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 232, October 2

The best-educated human being is the one who understands most about the life in which he is placed.--Helen Keller

How many of us understand our place in life?  Not me.  I'm still trying to "get it."  Why am I here?  Why am I the way I am?  What is my purpose?  These questions--and more--swirl through my mind with unrelenting persistence.  Sometimes I think I have a glimmer of an answer, and then whatever understanding I had gained vanishes and I'm back to where I started.

I have a dear friend who has a plaque in her home that reads "Bloom where you're planted."  Simple concept, but hard to implement.  Is blooming just making the best of whatever circumstances you find yourself in?  I don't think so.  Blooming means thriving, not just surviving.  I have done both--thrive and survive.  Let me tell you, thriving is a lot more fun.

So, for today, I am grateful for those who understand most about the life in which they are placed.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to look at that soil and want to put your roots down into it.

    ReplyDelete