Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 246, October 16

Last week I wrote about the physical clutter that takes space and energy in our homes.  Today's post is also about clutter, though of a different kind.

Do you ever feel that your mind is cluttered?  Mine is.  It's cluttered with negative thoughts, regret, envy, guilt, resentment, and  a bunch of other things that detract from my happiness and willingness to serve others.  How can I be able to serve when I'm weighed down with a myriad of such nasties?

I can't.

Sometimes I do pretty well about clearing out this clutter.  It comes as no surprise when I realize that those times are when I am closer to the Lord.  And sometimes I collect mind-clutter like a squirrel storing away nuts for the winter.

So, for today, I am grateful for those occasions when I can clean out the clutter in my mind.


1 comment:

  1. My problem is what to do with that clutter. Too often, I try to dump it on others. It doesn't really work. When I do that, I find my own clutter has multiplied, and I may have indeed succeeded in cluttering someone else's life. There is only One who can really help me clean house. I am grateful for His help.

    ReplyDelete