Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 259, October 29

"Our duty as men (and women) is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist.  We are collaborators in creation."--Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

I love any quote about creation.  In fact, I am entranced by the whole concept of creation.  In our living room, I have a painting of God creating the earth.  Next to it is a sculpture (by Mark Hopkins, a friend) of  His hands forming the earth.  I believe that creation, of any kind, is a God-like quality.

Do you ever feel that you lack creative talents?  I do.  I feel it all the time.  I long to create but feel unequal to the task.  Yet I keep trying. That desire to create is inherent in us.  With that in mind, I decided that I needed to broaden my definition of creation.

Is the stay-at-home mother who works to create a loving and nurturing home for her family creative?  You bet.  Is that same mother who can stretch a dollar six different ways creative?  Of course.  Is the entrepreneur who built a business from nothing creative?  Absolutely. 

So, for today, I am grateful for those who create.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of broadening the definition of creation. So many things fit into this.

    ReplyDelete