Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 127, May 7

Sometimes, when it seems that I am completely out of inspiration, something falls into my lap.  This time it was a quote a friend sent me.

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I cannot reach them:  but I can look up, and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead ..."  Louisa May Alcott

Louisa May Alcott has long been a favorite author of mine.  This quote reminds me why I am always moved by her words.

What are your aspirations?  Do you dream of writing words that touch others, as I do?  Or do you dream of painting a beautiful picture or composing a haunting melody?  Whatever your aspirations, I hope you keep them close to your heart, so that you are reminded of them with each beat.  For where would we be without our dreams, our hopes, our reach-for-the-stars wonderments?

Joy for today:  dreaming, hoping, reaching for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment