Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 146, May 26

A few days ago, I wrote about a speech given at a high school graduation where the young man thanked all those who had helped him over the years.  Around this time, I was wondering whether I should continue with the blog ... or not.  It seems so few people read it that I started to think I was wasting my time.

Then a sweet friend left a comment on that blog, thanking me for being "uplifting and inspiring."  And I was persuaded that I should keep writing.  If I touch only one life, isn't that enough?

How lovely that she should thank me for a post about gratitude.  Perhaps gratitude is catching.  I wrote her back, thanking her for her comment.  And so it went--a blog about thanking others prompted her to thank me, which, in turn, prompted me to thank her.

Joy for today:  being grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment