Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 129, May 9


"Sometimes we need someone to simply be there......Not to fix anything or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel we are supported and cared about."

A friend sent this quote to me.  I don't have the attribution, but I thought it worth sharing.

Many times over the last few years, friends have been there for me.  Sometimes through a phone call, sometimes through an email, sometimes through a visit.  Always, they have lifted me and soothed my troubled heart.  My friends weren't able to "fix" my troubles, but knowing they were there was enough.

I have tried to be there for my friends as well.  I wasn't able to fix their problems, any more than they could fix mine, but I listened, I cried with them, and, sometimes, I brought chocolate.  

Joy for today:  being there.




No comments:

Post a Comment