Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 148, May 28

I found the following story in a newspaper insert.

"Dan Ito, a 22-year-old Service Missionary and LDS Business College student from Tokyo, Japan has made it his life mission to serve others, despite what may seem like difficult circumstances.

"He has spinal muscular atrophy, a disease that according to the US National Library of Medicine, causes muscle weakness and damage that gets worse over time.  There is no cure, and it eventually leads to death.  he has been unable to move his hands and legs on his own since he was a child and has never been able to walk.

"Students at LDSBC are most likely to be greeted by Dan in a wheelchair with a big smile and kind hello if they happen to cross paths.

"'I think Dan is probably my most favorite person in the history of everyone,' says a fellow student.  'I don't think I've ever seen him interact with someone that hasn't walked away feeling better about everything.'"

The article goes on to describe this Dan's love for service and for learning.  As I read the story, I couldn't help compare my own poor attitude to his exemplary one.

Joy for today:  being humbled by a remarkable young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment