Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 134, May 14

" ... another important point to remember is that we usually experience our greatest growth when we face difficult, if not impossible, situations.  The acute awareness that we have of our own limitations pushes us to humbly seek the help of our creator."--Gerard Causse, first counselor in the Presiding Bishopric of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Elder Causse gives the example in the Old Testament of Gideon, head of the Israelite armies, as he prepared to fight the Midianites with 32,000 men.

The Lord said to Gideon, "The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying Mine own hand hath saved me."  (Judges 7;2)

"... step-by-step, the Lord asked Gideon to reduce the number of his soldiers until only 300 remained.  It was when it became impossible for Gideon to conquer the Midianites with his own strength that the Lord sent him to battle and miraculously delivered the enemy into his hands."

Many times, I have faced the "difficult, if not impossible, situation" that Elder Causse describes.  And many times, the Lord has delivered me, but not until I had admitted my weaknesses and powerlessness, and recognized that I was totally dependent upon Him.

Joy for today:  admitting my weaknesses and powerlessness.


No comments:

Post a Comment