Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 255, September 22

"I think of the trees and how simply they let go, let fall the riches of a season, how without grief (it seems) they can let go and go deep into their roots for renewal and sleep.... Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go." ~ May Sarton

Knowing that I was going through a period of grieving and mourning, a cousin sent this to me. Maybe if I did as the above counsel directs, imitating the trees, I could lose some of the deep sadness and pain that frequently comes over me.

Please don't misunderstand--I don't want to lose all of the sadness and pain.  They are a part of my love for my sister.  But if I could lose some of it as the trees lose their leaves, I would probably function better, be able to serve others more.

Joy for today:  imitating trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment