Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 262, September 29


"This is what I have learned: Within the sorrow, there is grace. When we come close to those things that break us down, we touch those things that also break us open." ~ Wayne Muller

It seems that it doesn't take much to break me down these days.  I cry at commericals.  I cry when I hear Primary songs.  I cry at television shows, ones that would normally make me laugh.

And perhaps that is good.  If I am "broken down," then maybe, as the author of the above quote states, I  am also broken open.  I don't know what his meaning of that is.  For me, however, being broken open means that I am receptive to things of the Spirit.  The tender mercies.  The small miracles.  The quiet moments.  All of these are gifts of the Spirit and, therefore, gifts from the Lord.

Joy for today:  breaking down and breaking open.

No comments:

Post a Comment