Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 131, May 11

Yesterday I wrote about showing up. After re-reading my post, I realized I neglected to mention Someone who always shows up. The Savior.

The Savior shows up for my morning prayers, whether I do or not. The Savior shows up for my scripture reading, whether I do or not. The Savior shows up for the times I could reach out to others, whether I do or not.

The Savior shows up when I am in tears. The Savior shows up when I am discouraged and afraid. The Savior shows up when I need to feel His arms around me.

He is always there. Sometimes I do not recognize or acknowledge His presence. How much happier and more content would I be if I lived in such a way that I felt His presence in my life? How much less frightened? How much less selfish?

So, for today, I am grateful for the Savior, who always shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment