Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 132, May 12

(Dear friends: Blogspot had issues yesterday (May 12) and apparently deleted my post, so I am going to try to recreate it. Please bear with me.)

Today a dear friend is in the hospital having a bone marrow transplant. In preparation for this, he had to endure several grueling rounds of chemotherapy. Thankfully, the treatments didn't make him terribly sick. A miracle.

Today my kitty is ribboning her way through my legs as I sit at my computer. Last fall, she underwent a serious operation, and didn't know if she would survive. Here she is now, demanding my attention and being her sweet self. Another miracle.

Today marks 132 days of my blog, "The Gratitude Project." When I started this, I didn't know if I would have the emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical energy and discipline to keep at it. With God's help and the support of friends and family, I keep going. Yet another miracle.

Miracles, large and small, abound in my life ... if I but take the time to look for and to acknowledge their presence. My mind is too frequently on the things of this world and not enough on the things which the Father has bestowed upon me and upon all of us.

So, for today, I am grateful for miracles, including that of blogspot being in operation again.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, good luck to your friend with his bone marrow transplant. My husband has been on the registry as a donor for many years. He has come close several times to being a match but has yet to become a final donor to someone. I pray that your friend does well with his transplant.

    ReplyDelete