Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 267, September 24

Do you ever have trouble getting up in the mornings? I do. It's not that I haven't gotten enough sleep. It's my attitude. Sometimes I just don't want to get up. I occasionally even wonder why I should get up at all.
That sounds pathetic, doesn't it? It is made more so when I consider that I have a good life. A husband who loves me. Sweet children and grandchildren. Good friends. The problem lies within me. Likewise, the solution lies within me.
When I am in sync with myself, I feel energetic, purposeful, and ready to tackle anything. When I'm not in sync with myself, I am sluggish and certain that I can't do anything right. What makes the difference? And then I realized that being in sync with myself means I'm in sync with the Lord.
When I do the things I know that He wants me to, I feel His approval. That approbation blesses my efforts throughout the day. Similarly, when I don't do the things I know that He wants me to, I feel His disapproval. Simple, isn't it? You'd think I'd catch on and get it right. But, like so many important things, getting it right is hard. It takes work. It takes time. It takes commitment.
So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I am in sync with the Lord.

1 comment: