Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13, January 13

"The will of God never takes you where the grace of God cannot protect you."--Anonymous

At times, I have questioned the will of God.  This is not something I'm particularly proud of, but when I witness friends and family members undergoing harsh trials, I wonder, what was the plan?  Then I remember that God is with them on whatever life journey they must follow.

When we take God with us in this journey, our burdens are immediately lightened.  When we forget Him, He is still there, perhaps a bit saddened that we neglected to include him in our travails, but there nontheless.

In my two-year-old spiritual arrogance, I have upon occasion told God, "I can handle this particular trial.  I don't need you."  What foolishness.  I need God every day, every hour, every minute.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when God chooses me even when I forget to choose Him.

1 comment:

  1. When I let Him in, I notice that He grants me a more eternal perspective. When I'm lacking that, it's usually because I'm lacking Him.

    ReplyDelete