Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 20, January 20

Last Sunday in church, a twelve-yaer-old boy was sustained as a Deacon.  We have known Billy since he was born (I babysat his older sister while his parents went to the hospital).  When he was sustained, I whispered to my husband, "He's going to make a wonderful Deacon."

Billy has a prodigious intelligence, a remarkable memory, and a lovely singing voice.   The oldest boy in a family of seven children, Billy is deeply commited to his faith and to his family.  Much of this is due to the special spirit with which he is blessed.  And much is due to his righteous parents.

So why am I writing about him today?  Today is Sunday and I expect and hope to see Billy passing the Sacrament with the other Deacons.  Though I'm not related to him in anyway, I will feel as proud of him as I would any of my own children or grandchildren.

So, for today, I am grateful for Billy.  (I am also grateful for righteous parents everywhere.) 

1 comment:

  1. Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood. Of course you're related!

    ReplyDelete