Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17, January 17

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be manifest, that they are wrought in God.  (John 321

Truth and light are often used interchangebly in the scriptures, for when we bask in the truth, we also bask in the light.  Without the sun, physical life perishes. Without the Son, our spiritual life perishes as well.

This is not the first time I've written about light.  Nor is it the first time I've compared sunlight and Sonlight.  Without the sun, physical life perishes.  Without the Son, our spiritual life perishes as well.

Seeking the light is as natural as breathing, but sometimes that search proves elusive.   Perhaps that is because we are not looking for the light in the right places (does that remind you of the old song, "Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places?").  When I search for it in the lies of the world, I am doomed for disappointment.  When I search for it in the things of the Lord, then I know I'm on the right track.

So, for today, I am grateful for sunlight.  I am always grateful for Sonlight.

1 comment:

  1. Most of us find ourselves affected by the weather. Not enough sun, and we feel down. Everything points to the Savior, if we will but look. (Brazen serpent)

    ReplyDelete