Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14, January 14

Finding joy in small things is not hard, but it does take effort.  It takes a willingness to see the extraordinary in the ordinary, to find beauty in the prosaic, to recognize the hand of God in all that is around us.

A favorite Primary song of mine is "I Feel My Savior's Love."  The first line goes, "I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me." The concept, like most important things in life, is both simple and profound.  Do I feel my Savior's love "in all the world around me?"  Sadly, not all the time.

And perhaps the problem is not that I don't feel His love, but that I don't take the time to acknowledge it. Acknowledging His love can be done through prayers of gratitude.  It can also be done by serving others. 

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I feel my Savior's love ... and acknowledge it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking today for little things. I found beauty in the way the street looked just as hard and conquered by frost as the rest of the world was this morning. I would not have if it had not been for you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete