Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5, January 5

Like many people, I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  The long days of winter occasionally get me down.  When the sky turns gray, I turn gray as well (and no, I'm not talking about my hair).  And then a miracle occurs:  the sun appears, like a benediction from above, and the gray vanishes. 

As the clouds lift, my spirits lift as well.  No amount of self-talk can talk me out of  my mood, but the radiance of the sun erases my low spirits as if they'd never existed.  Without the sun, life would cease to exist.  Similarly, without the sun, I would probably curl up in the fetal position and hibernate during the winter. 

So, for today, I am grateful for sunshine, surely one of the Lord's tender mercies upon His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment