Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19, January 19

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who, at worst, if he fails, fails while daring greatly."--Theodore Roosevelt

I love these words.  More, I love the sentiment behind them.  How many times do we, do I, criticize someone for failing?  Why do I not recognize that that individual might have been daring greatly?  Perhaps it is even me who is daring greatly.  And is it not better to have failed while daring than never to have dared at all?

This is a lesson I am still struggling to learn.  If I fail at something, at least I have tried.  Maybe that failure will help me succeed the next time ... or the next ... that I try.

So, for today, I am grateful for those who fail while daring greatly.

1 comment:

  1. A good comment Mom. I like the "daring greatly" piece of it.

    ReplyDelete