Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 153, June 2

A week ago I had my hair cut. The lady who trimmed it cut it a bit too short. Fortunately, my hair grows quickly, and the mistake will soon be rectified.

It set me to thinking about other mistakes, my own this tme. Some are set right with little effort; others require more time and energy. The really big ones usually involve some tears and a large dose of humility.

Fortunately Heavenly Father has provided a way for me, for all of us, to rectify the mistakes we make. It's called repentance. Like most things that are worthwhile, repentance is hard work. Humbling myself before the Lord, confessing my weaknesses and sins, is not easy. That must be why I put it off so frequently.

Why do I have such a difficult time in repenting? Is it because that admitting to anyone, much less the Lord, that I was wrong is frightening? Why can't I summon the courage to give voice to my mistakes?

So, for today, I am grateful that my hair grows quickly and that the Father has given me, has given everyone, a way to make things right with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment