Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 157, June 6

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I currently serve in our church's Primary (children's organization) as the pianist. As I watched the other men and women teaching and helping the children, I noted only two who actually had Primary-aged children. The rest of us were "of a certain age" and were out of the hands-on child raising stage.

It occurred to me, not for the first time, that we don't need to have young children to serve in a Primary calling. Nor do we need to have school-aged children to volunteer at the local schools. All we need is a desire to make a difference in the life of a child.

I have a dear friend who spends one morning a week reading to the children of a preschool. Other friends also volunteer at schools, at the YMCA, working with teenage girls. Each of these individuals brings unique talents and strengths to share with children and teens.

So, for today, I am grateful for people with hearts big enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment