Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 160, June 9

I believe in angels.

I believe in heavenly angels. I also believe in earthly angels. Angels, like miracles, appear all the time if we but take the time to look for them.

Caught up in the busy-ness of life, my own small concerns, and, unfortunately, myself, I frequently do not recognize the angels who fill my life.

Let me share a few of these angels with you. There is my sweet sister, who is always there for me. There are my children who make me laugh. There are my friends who make me feel good about myself even when there is precious little evidence to support that.

Angels sometimes appear when I least expect them. There is the email note from a friend when I am feeling blue. There is another friend who calls with an unexpected invitation to lunch. There are the children in Primary whose sweetness reminds me why I keep plunking my fingers on the piano when I make so many bloopers.

So, for today, I am grateful for angels.

1 comment: