Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 240, September 1

"Some things have to be believed to be seen."--Ralph Hodgson

The writer in me loves this take on a well-known adage.  It set me to thinking about how what I believe affects what I see.

What do I believe?

I believe in God the Father.
I believe in His Son, Jesus Christ.
I believe that They love me, despite my unworthiness.
I believe that They are with me, even when I do my best to turn away from Them.

What do I see?

I see my Father's love in my own love for my children.  (If someone as flawed as I am can love my children fully, how much greater must His love be for all of us?)
I see my Savior's love in the world He created.  The Creator of a perfect rose must be filled with love.
I see His love in the tender mercies He extends to me, to all of us.

What do you believe?  What do you see?

It's worth pondering.

This I know for sure:  believing precedes seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment