Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 247, September 8

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."--Benjamin Franklin

I have been guilty of making excuses.  I have even made excuses for stopping this blog.  It takes too much time.  It takes too much energy.  It takes time away from other projects.  These are paltry, puny excuses.

What else have I made excuses for?  I excused those times when I was selfish and lazy.  I excused those times when I was selfish and greedy.  I excused myself all over the place.

I even have an excuse for my excuses:  "Well, everyone does it."  I don't know about everyone, but a great many individuals excuse themselves for all sorts of reasons, many like the ones above.  And what a poor excuse that is on my part.

The person who says "I have no excuse" earns my admiration.  Rarely do we hear a politician own up to anything without offering an excuse.  I don't know about you, but I am less than excited about having such a thing in common with politicians.

This I know for sure:  excuses are cheap and fool no one, especially our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment