Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 332, December 2

It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.

Dale Carnegie

Dale Carnegie was a remarkable man whose books have gone into countless reprintings.  He was the original "self-help" guru with real insight into the human condition.  Never is his wisdom more evident than in the above quote.

The mind is our most powerful muscle.  Physical therapists will tell you that our glutes are the most powerful muscle.  I disagree.  The mind trumps the glutes all over the place.  Case in point:  the exact same circumstances may exist from one day to the next, but on the first day, when the sun is bright and shining, my thoughts are bright and shining as well; on the second day, if the sky is overcast and dreary, my thoughts take on the same gray hue.

Nothing changed but my perception.  My circumstances remained the same, but my thoughts were entirely different.  With that knowledge, it seems I should be able to control my thoughts, and, therefore, control my attitude.  Easier said than done.  In the end, I know that I must turn to the Source of real power, the Savior, if I truly want to change my thoughts.

This I know for sure:  when I allow the Savior into my mind and my life, I am filled with power

No comments:

Post a Comment