Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 352, December 22

Finding joy in what and who I am is a talent that continues to elude me.  Why am I so hard on myself when I am willing to cut others some slack?   I'm still trying to figure that out.

One explanation might be that I am the older child in my family constellation (oldest children being more likely to be over-achievers and therefore harder on themselves).  Another explanation might be that I suffer from depression, which occasionally makes me view myself in a negative light.  Yet another explanation might consist of a combination of these and other factors.

This I know for sure:  when I love myself, I am more likely to love others.

1 comment:

  1. Your last line is spot on. We are often too hard on ourselves. I think it could be attributed to just being a woman.

    ReplyDelete