Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 340, December 10

"Our task is to become our best selves.  One of God's greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure need ever be final."--Thomas S. Monson, Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In this season, when our thoughts so frequently (too frequently) turn to  material gifts, how lovely it is to think of God's gifts.  And what greater gift can He give us is the knowledge that we can try again?   And again.  And again. 

When I reflect on how many times I've wanted to give up on myself, on my efforts in a hundred different areas, I remember that Heavenly Father hasn't given up on me.   So what gives me the right to give up on myself?

This I know for sure:  Heavenly Father and His Son are infinite in Their patience, infinite in Their love, infinite in Their glory.  I only fail if I fail to acknowledge Their gifts to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment