Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 361, December 31

Here it is New Year's Eve day.  And I'm still trying to figure things out.  I gave up making New Year's goals a long time ago, as I kept failing at them. 

Instead, I make promises.  I occasionally break them as well, but I find that a promise made carries more weight (at least for me) than a formal goal.   One of the promises I've made for myself for the new year is to find greater joy in small things.  (Another one of those cliches.) 

When I can do this, when I can feel and recognize joy in listening to songs by Primary children, in the softness of my cat's face against mine, in the appearance of the sun after a gray day, then I know I am on the right track.

This I know for sure:  finding joy is more about recgonizing it than in searching for it.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. Joy is all around me each day (particularly since my 4yo has Joy for her middle name), but I too often fail to recognize it.

    ReplyDelete