Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 333, December 3

I love Christmas carols.  I always have.  They speak of joy, of God's love, of the birth of our Savior.  What more could we ask?  As a little girl, I learned to play "Silent Night" on the piano.  Oh, how proud I was when I played it in a church meeting for the first time.

Over the years, I've played "Silent Night" many times.  Arthritis has made it difficult for me to play the hymns any more, but my fingers still retain the memory-impulses of the notes and rhythm.  And perhaps that is the way with much of what we do.  When our bodies can no longer do what they once did, those memory-impulses remain.  And so I play "Silent Night" and other hymns in my mind.  I read the notes, feel the beat, and hope that the Father hears the music in His heart.

This I know for sure:  the Father knows what is in our hearts.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment