Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 163, June 10

The other day our power was out.  I was beyond frustrated.   It seemed everything I wanted to do, from working on the computer to vacuuming to doing a load of laundry needed power.  My source of power was down, rendering me helpless.

It occurred to me that that is much like my spiritiual life.  Without the power of the Son, I can't pray.  I can't fast.  I can't serve others.  He is the  ultimate power source. 

Fortunately, the power went back on fairly quickly and I was once more hooked up.  Connecting with the Son doesn't require electricity.  But it does require that I do the things He has asked me to do.  They are simple:  pray, study, serve.  And then do it all over again.

So, for today, I am grateful for power sources, those from electricity and  those from the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I sort of love when the power goes off.....I get to read or play the piano....by candlelight if necessary...........and I don't feel any guilt....LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete