Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 182, June 29

The heat makes me cranky.  It turns me into a lazy, self-absorbed slug.  In short, I'm not a nice person when I get hot.  I live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car, and still I complain.

It's not just the heat that makes me complain.  I'm a chronic complainer.  In Book of Mormon terms, I am a "murmurer."   I whine about the heat.  I whine when food prices go up.  I whine about the cost of gas.

Is there anything I don't compalin about?  Well, there is something.  I don't complain about the Father's love.  I've been thinking about that a lot lately.  I marvel at His unfailing love, His unflinching devotion to His children, despite those times when we (I) least deserve it.

So, for today, I am grateful for the Father's love.  (I'm also grateful for air-conditioning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment