Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 172, June 19

Last month, Sister Frances Monson, wife of Prophet Thomas S. Monson, passed away.  The Church and many others throughout the world mourned her passing. 

Sister Monson exemplified all that is good in womanhood.  She loved the Lord, her husband, her children, and the Gospel. 

When asked how she maintained her balance, she replied:

- My home must be a happy and pleasant place.
- I need to keep up with the times.  (She was never too old to try something new.)
- I want my children to be honest in all their dealings.
- I want them to be active in priesthood and other Church programs.
- I want my children to desire a temple marriage.
- I want my children to realize that they have a great responsibility to honor and uphold and live the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ that their father proclaims throughout the world.


So, for today, I am grateful for an elect and righteous lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment