Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 180, June 27

I love finding bargains.  At garage sales.  At thrift shops.  At outlet malls.  Finding a bargain exhilirates me in a way that little else does.

Anticipating a garage sale "hunt" with some friends, I thought about some of my best bargains over the years.  There was the Ethan Allen furnitiure, the five cent mink coat (yes, genuine mink), the prom dress for our daughter. 

But none of those things compare to the bargain of the Atonement.  The Father has offered each of us the ultimate bargain.  Through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, we can return to the Father and live in His presence.  All we have to offer Them is a broken heart and a contrite spirit. 

I struggle to grasp the enormity of it, even while I acknowledge the simplicitiy of the plan.

So, for today, I am grateful for the bargain of the Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment