Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 173, June 20

While watching television the other day, I ran across a public service advertisement about encouragement.  The message was simple:  Encouragement.  Pass it along.

I'm fortunate enough to have many "encouragers" in my life.  There are those of you who read this blog and comment on it.  There are my friends and family.  There are church members and others.

We all need encouragers, or, as I like to call them, cheerleaders in our lives.  When our own self-esteem is on a downward spiral, isn't it great to have these people in our corner?

Unfortunately, there are the others.  These are the naysayers, the emotional vampires who seek to suck away any joy or happiness we might feel.  Along the way, I've encountered a few of these.  Unfortunately, I haven't always dealt with them in the best manner.  I've allowed them to beat me down.

I hunker in my shell, draw my reserves around me, and try to wait out the hurt.  Sometimes it takes longer than others.  Then one of my cheerleaders comes to my aid.

So, for today, I am grateful for encouragers and cheerleaders.



1 comment:

  1. What a neat message. Imagine if everyone were an encourager. How much more wonderful would our lives all be?

    ReplyDelete