Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 62, March 3

A few weeks ago in church, a lady talked about her and her husband's efforts to save a small bird that was trapped in their window well.  After some effort, at last the little bird was able to get out.  It reminded me of the story another friend told me about trying to save several baby rabbits who had fallen into their (the friends') deep window wells.  Again, they were able to save the rabbits.

I think our Father in Heaven is pleased when we work to save His little ones, whoever they might be.  In fact, I'll change that to I KNOW He is pleased.  Our world is filled with those who cannot look after themselves, whether it be small animals, little children, or the elderly.  The kind of care and compassion and love we extend to them largely determines what kind of people we are.

Joy for today:  knowing that there are those who extend themselves to help the helpless and defend the defenseless.

No comments:

Post a Comment