Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 78, March 19

In church last week, a speaker related his experiences as a water-polo player.  (Who knew there was such a thing as water polo?)  He explained that it was difficult for the players, who had to wear swim caps, to hear, each other and the coach.  This is especially true, he said, when a player's head  was down.

The speaker then compared this to our own difficulty in hearing the Lord when our "heads are down."  When is my head down, making it difficult for me to hear the Lord?

Is my head down when I am wrapped up in myself?
Is my head down when I am too busy to listen to a friend?
Is my head down when I am unforgiving?
Is my head down when I lack compassion?
Is my head down when I am selfish with my means and time?

Yes.  To all of the above.

Joy for today:  having my head up.

No comments:

Post a Comment