Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 67, March 8

I love the changing of the seasons and am fortunate enough to live in an area where we get to experience every season in all its glory. Then why, I wonder, do I often complain about what comes with those seasons?

In the winter, I complain about the snow.
In the spring, I complain about the wet.
In the summer, I complain about the heat.
In the fall, I complain that it will soon be winter again.

In short, I complain.  Not a very palatable thing to accept about myself.

What if I turned my thinking around?

In the winter, I can appreciate the pristine beauty of a new snowfall.
In the spring, I can appreciate the awakening of the earth.
In the summer, I can appreciate the blueness of the sky.
In the fall, I can appreciate the gilding of the leaves.

Joy for today:  appreciating rather than complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment